Facebook Page Template (Notebook)

On this wonderful Friday I’d like to share something fun with you! It’s a Facebook Page Template for SMART Notebook! I’ve seen the idea before around Twitter and on this blog, but I’ve never seen a template using SMART Notebook. So I decided to make one! Your students can create a Facebook page on a famous person, an artist, an inventor, or a character in a book or movie! Every year our 4th grade students do a project on a famous Alabamian. They normally complete a project using PowerPoint or Publisher, but this year I hope to use this template. I have a feeling they are going to LOVE it! This template can also be used to teach students how to safely use Facebook or just about the “purpose” of Facebook (without being blocked by your school filter!). I tried to make this template as simple as possible, so students should only edit the photos and the text in black. I’ll be adding my project guidelines once I complete them, so more details are to come. Download it now. Enjoy!

Update: I’ve included a worksheet to be used in conjunction with this activity. Please download the updated version to access the worksheet. You will find it in the Attachments Tab of the SMART Notebook file.

facebookpage

22 thoughts on “Facebook Page Template (Notebook)

1. Wow! What a great idea! It makes me proud to see this from another MCPSS teacher! Thanks so much for sharing!

2. Amber,

I’ve found your site today for the first time. I simply love it. I’m always looking for great SMART Board resources. I will be sharing yours with everyone I meet!

I am presenting at our state annual reading conference this March; I’ll be sure to mention your site for a great resource.

Additionally, I’m posting it on my blog as one of my new favorites (I hope you don’t mind). 🙂

I just started my blog three weeks ago. Feel free to check it out. I’m working hard to build my PLN. I’d appreciate any support and feedback.

Best regards,

Erin Klein
    http://www.kleinspiration.com

3. Thanks for the comment, Erin! So glad you are enjoying my site and yes, please share with anyone who might be interested! I will definitely check out your blog as well. 🙂

4. Amber,

Awesome — I’ve already shared it with many friends at work. Also, I have a link to your page on my site. I’ve heard a few people connect from there.

Thanks for the great resources. I love all of your work! 🙂

Erin Klein
    http://www.kleinspiration.com

5. Pingback: E-Safety Resources « ICT for Teaching & Learning in Falkirk Primary Schools

6. Stumbled across your website today. I’m now adding you to my reader! Fabulous stuff. I sent this Facebook template to 4 teachers in our district. I know they will be excited to see this. Thanks so much for sharing!

7. Pingback: Daily Dose of DEN Diigo 09/30/2011 – DEN Blog Network

8. Pingback: SMART Board Goodies » Blog Archive » Facebook Page Template (Notebook) | ClioEDtech | Scoop.it

9. Pingback: SMART Board Goodies » Blog Archive » Twitter Template (Notebook)

10. Thank you for the resource. I am thinking of sharing this with my grade 8s as 1 (of several) examples that they can use to present a project for media literacy.

11. Pingback: Fake Facebook Pages | The Whiteboard Blog

12. Pingback: Jubilee! Creative Ways to Celebrate School Anniversaries Across the Curriculum « ICT for Teaching & Learning in Falkirk Primary Schools